So much has been happening in life lately, that hubs and I decided to get out of dodge. We planned to take Friday off weeks ago, now really knowing that it was memorial day weekend, but oh well. So….we’ve decided to go to…..
We’ve both been here before, but not together. I’ve had a client in Nashville and spent a few weeks there about 6 years ago, while T-Rex went there for his bachelor party. Both of us really didn’t do much “sight-seeing” while there, so we were wondering what we should do. Here are a few things from trip advisor that are encouraged:
1. Grand Ole Opry - The Grand Ole Opry, an American Icon and Nashville’s number one attraction, is known for creating one-of-a-kind entertainment. Travis Tritt is singing/playing there, which actually woudlnt’ be too bad to see.
2. Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum – This museum highlights the history of country music from its birthplace in the Music City to present-day. T-Rex and I are big country fans, so this might be worth seeing.
3. Bar/music scene. We’ve heard that Nashville is the capital of GOOD karaoke, like the kind you don’t get up and sing unless you are good. Like the kind I will never get up and sing no matter how many drinks I’ve had. There are a few places that we’ve heard of to go to – Legend’s Corner and Tootsies. Really, we were just going to walk around downtown and see what we find.
4. Homes/museums/tours. The home of late President Andrew Jackson. The Johnny Cash museum (The Johnny Cash Museum features the world’s largest collection of Johnny Cash artifacts and memorabilia in the world), Lane Motor Museum (Lane Motor Museum in Nashville features the largest European collection of cars and motorcycles in the United States), Fontanel Mansion (a huge, beautiful log cabin) and others.
5. Food. Not what yet, but hopefully we find some good stuff!
Has anyone been to Nashville? Any suggestions on whether the items mentioned above are worth-while? Any food/bar/music suggestions? Honestly, we will just be happy to get away and if we end up just walking around down town, I think I will still be happy. Also, if all else fails, our hotel has an outdoor pool and I can work on my tan .