I read a variety of blogs: mommy blogs, DIY home or craft blogs, money/finance blogs, fitness blogs. One of my absolute favorites is Young House Love.
The genius creators of Young House Love, John and Sherry, regularly post lists of things they want to do in different areas of their house, and then later on post updates. They post it for their thousands of followers to see. How is that for accountability?
Baby #2 is 18 weeks away, so it is time to start getting things ready for him. He will move into my son’s nursery and we will make some minor changes to it. Before that can happen, we need to get my son’s big boy room ready (which is currently a guest bedroom). Before that can happen, we need to make room in our master bedroom for some of my husband’s stuff. Right now, I have the entire master bedroom closet and my husband has the guest bedroom closet.
So I’d like to post my list for my little readership. And hopefully within a month I will post my progress!
We redecorated the master bedroom a couple years ago and I love it. So no major changes, we just need to make room in there.
- Purchase under-bed storage bins (something like these)
- Replace sliding mirror closet doors with 6-panel white doors that open out into the room so that we can put shoe organizers on the back of them
- Install closet organizer
- Replace ceiling light with ceiling fan (not necessary but it is something we’ve wanted to do for awhile)
New Big Boy Room:
I feel like I didn’t put as much effort into the nursery as I would have liked. So I’d love to make the big boy room really fun and well-done and bright. We’ve already purchased his bedding and a few other things from IKEA. We still need to:
- Purchase rug (I’m eyeing this shag rug in orange from RugsUSA, but the size I want is sold out)
- Paint (one wall will have a street similar to this, I think we will have a green shade of walls)
- Purchase planters to hold stuffed animals (spray paint them a bring color and post them like this)
- Purchase shelves or gutters or something for that crazy amount of books we have
- Purchase twin bed – Haven’t spent much time looking for one yet, any suggestions?
- Paint and re-purpose old entertainment center into storage for toys (something like this)
- Purchase curtains – haven’t really thought about this yet
I’m sure I will think of more things to do. I can’t wait to see how it comes together!
What is on your immediate house to-do list?