We have bad weather here in St. Louis today so I left work early (yay snow days!) and went to Jen’s house to hang out with her and Huck. I’m getting to see firsthand what a day of potty training looks like.
Jen and I are sitting around reading celebrity gossip magazines so she suggested I do a list of 3 Overrated Stars and 3 Underrated Stars. So brace yourself for a deep, thought-provoking post.
1. Jessica Alba. Yes, she’s beautiful, but she can’t really act, and what has she been in that anyone remembers? Besides Honey?
2. Kristen Stewart. Self-explanatory. How is she still landing all these movie roles?? Oh, right. The directors are hoping that she’ll sleep with them, too.
3. Blake Lively. Although I absolutely adore her style and think she has a smokin’ hot bod, she hasn’t really stretched herself yet: Gossip Girl and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. But she has even said it herself: ”"As an actor who plays a caricature of myself on the show, I don’t think I’d say, ‘Watch Gossip Girl for my best quality of work. (http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/blake-lively-gossip-girl-isnt-my-best-quality-of-work-2012295#ixzz2LZ7m60pK). Note: I’m not denying my love for Gossip Girl either, I just recognize that it isn’t the more high quality show out there.
1. Jessica Chastain – she was in tons of movies this and last year, and all roles seem to be VERY different. I don’t think she is very underrated, getting awards, but I think she rose to high fame so quickly some people may not realize how talented she really is.
2. Jennifer Lawrence – maybe not underrated in general, but underrated in comedy – this girl needs to be put in films to show off her hilarity.
3. Emily Van Camp – Revenge – I think she plays this role perfectly, and I think her character is a very complex character. I’m excited to see her in other roles besides Revenge.
Thought? Disagreements, what did I leave out?